Thank you April for nominating me and my blogger in crime @surgeoninkicks for the Inspiring blogger award! For those of you who haven’t read her work, check her out over at http://diapersandtutus.wordpress.com/! Her efforts to bridge the seemingly deep divide between work and motherhood and play (because let’s face it motherhood is some work and some play so I put it in between) really speaks to us.
Here are the rules;
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Now, for seven facts about us…
1. There are, in fact, two of us. With our busy schedules (which I know we blog about often) there is no way one of us could keep up with the volume of writing that keeps a blog vibrant and interesting. Even with two of us, we often go weeks at a time without a post but we are doing our best. I tend to be the more sentimental, sappy of the two of us and she tends to be the smart and sassy one. In that regard we balance each other out but I swear in real life we are like two halves of the same person….
2. Except one of us is a true soft-edged southern gal and the other is a sharp-cornered easterner….I will let you guess who is who.
3. We are both short. She is 5’2” and I was 5’2” until I found pilates and grew and inch.
4. We met in Chicago and, though neither one of us lives there anymore, we harbor a deep, deep love and affection for the place and not just because that’s where we met.
5. And, though we both ended up growing up to be traumamamas, we trained in different programs.
6. We both fell in love young and married men of different racial/ethnic origins.
7. And, oh yeah, she’s the B!%#? who introduced me to Pure Barre and I am so grateful.
–so now that you know more about us, check out some of our nominees, @surgeoninheels
And our nominees are…..(and we will confess, these are blogs we like and relate to, and read a lot but we did not have to time to see if they were already nominated; we don’t know if they are already popular and don’t need novices like us spreading the word; we just like them and think you might too)
Thanks for the nomination, ladies! I’ll be sure to get on this as soon as I can 🙂
Pingback: Inspiring Blogger Award | The Cranky Giraffe
Ohh haha I’m shorter at a flat 5’0 :S
Thanks for the nomination!