I love Target.
In fact, if you ask my husband, he will tell you I love Target maybe a little too much. Here is a typical trip to Target for me… in 51 thoughts.
1. Okay, I only need toothpaste and lightbulbs.
2. This will only take 15 minutes.
3. Mmmm, that popcorn smells good.
4. Nope, resist the slushie, resist the slushie.
5. This will be it – this will be the trip where I leave this dang store and only spend $25.
6. Stay focused, toothpaste and lightbulbs, toothpaste and lightbulbs.
7. Let me check my FitBit.
8. Cool! I only need 1,000 more steps today to reach my goal.
9. I’m going to take the long way around towards the toothpaste.
10. Socks – I totally could use some new socks.
11. Actually, the whole family could use new socks.
12. I swear my dryer uses socks for fuel instead of electricity.
13. Why not? I’m already here, I might as well stock up.
14. Target has the cutest maternity clothes.
15. Thank God I’m not pregnant anymore…
16. Probably should get some more diapers while I’m here.
17. Ooh, that’s a cute swimsuit.
18. Dang, they have sunscreen on sale!
19. Wait – It’s 20 degrees outside, don’t buy the sunscreen.
20. That picture frame would look perfect in my office.
21. I really, really, need to organize my photos.
22. I wonder if I could pay someone to organize my photos…
23. And put them in that cute photo album.
24. Office… that reminds me – I really should pick up some pens while I’m here…
25. And, some post-it notes.
26. I could totally use that desk organizer.
27. Those dishes are cute.
28. That reminds me – we need more spoons.
29. Ugh, why do we always seem to need spoons?
30. I think the dishwasher eats them.
31. Oh yeah, we are almost out of dishwasher detergent.
32. I’m thirsty – I totally should have gotten the slushie.
33. Wait, why am I thirsty?
34. How long have I been here?
35. An hour, I’ve been here an hour?!?
36. Don’t forget… toothpaste and lightbulbs.
37. Dang, I forgot the toothpaste.
38. Well, at least I made my 1,000 steps crossing the store…again.
39. Wow, this cart is heavy.
40. Maybe this counts as exercise?
41. Toothpaste aisle – maybe I should try a new one?
42. Might as well get two tubes
43. Ooh – I’ve always wanted to try that Eos lip balm.
44. Hmm – those Yes to Cucumbers face wipes won the Allure Beauty award.
45. Yep, I should try those face wipes.
46. Okay, I really need to get out of here.
47. My total is $150?!?!
48. (*%^*! My husband is going to kill me.
49. Well, at least it was less than $200.
50. I still don’t understand, how did I spend $150, I only needed toothpaste and lightbulbs.
51. F*&! I forgot the lightbulbs 😦
If only Target in Canada was as great 😦 Maybe then it wouldn’t be liquidating…
I have 2 married friends– husband is a calm PA; wife is a hyper nurse. One day she was losing it at home and he did the smartest thing a husband could do: told her he’d watch the kids while she went to Target for a few hours. She came home relaxed and happy and I’m thinking they’ll have a long and happy marriage!